Saturday, October 05, 2019

Hundred forty five

Do I love my country?
My country lacks many things but I don't feel left out or I need not live like a fugitive. I don't know the feeling of people who are staying abroad. But whenever I travel there, I feel like I am being observed by an invisible eye. It is like staying in a relative's house, though hosts are great, you never feel "at home" feeling. It is just my opinion.
I love my country? yes I love my country for many reasons I can list here since they are abstract. It is like I love some places in my house or I prefer to sit in a particular place on a sofa - it is like that, I just love this country.

On similar lines, Tagore's poem:

BLESSED AM I that I am born to this land and that I had the luck to love her.

What care I if queenly treasure is not in her store but precious

enough is for me the living wealth of her love.

The best gift of fragrance to my heart is from her own flowers

and I know not where else shines the moon that can flood my

being with such loveliness.

The first light revealed to my eyes was from her own sky and let

the same light kiss them before they are closed for ever.

No comments: